The Prophecy of ISAIAH - Class Notes
This is a webpage that contains notes, slides and resources from our recent classes.
Session 1 - Tuesday, Jan. 5 @ 12:00 noon
- Chris provided an introduction to what we'll be studying in this class. Much of this study is based on the English Standard Version (ESV) of the Bible.
- He also shared a resource for this study: Isaiah: Prophet of Righteousness and Justice by by Yoel Bin-Nun and Binyamin Lau. (Caveat: these authors come from a Jewish perspective that doesn't recognize Jesus Christ as the Messiah.)
- Chris shared an image that depicts how we can become surrounded or imprisoned by things that grow around us.
- Click here to access the slides
1) Read Isaiah Chapters 1-6 (read in totality 2-3 times)
2) Reflect particularly on Isaiah 1:16-17, "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean ..." What ways you need to be “baptized” or cleansed again?
Session 2 - Tuesday, Jan. 12 @ 12:00 noon
- Everyone shared their reflections as they read chapters 1-6 this past week, and answering the questions that Chris sent to those who attended last week.
- Chris shared about the context and history around the time Isaiah is referencing in the Assyrian Empire (745-701 BC).
- Download Chris' slides here.
- Much of God’s message is about caring for the poor, impoverished and oppressed. He condemned those who took advantage of others.
- Chris concluded with a photo of an owl with her chicks. They are resting under her wings. When God lifts His protection, destruction is inevitable.
- Chris asked the class to help in a Coat Drive for the Lynnwood Police Department on Sunday.
- Homework - dwell in Isaiah Chapter 6 all week long.